Foreign students studying at YBU should abide by the laws of the People’s Republic of China, respect Chinese people’s custom, maintain good relationship with other foreign students, obey the rules and regulations of YBU, and fulfill all the academic requirements according to the teaching plan.
1. Current students at YBU should register on the designated date of registration. The date of registration will be announced on the website http://liuxue.ybu.edu.cn. All the students should conduct the procedures of paying fees and purchasing textbooks. Student late for registering for one week will be considered as dropping out of school automatically.
2. New students should register at Foreign Students Office of YBU during the designated registration period given in Admission Notice. Apply for student visa at registration also.Orientation Schedule is offered on the day of registration.
3. Opening ceremony is held at the beginning of semester, and graduation ceremony at the end of semester. Certificate of Completion will be awarded to the students who pass all the exams.
二、报名费及学费 Application Fee and Tuition Fees
1. Pay application fee with the application package together or at registration after arrival. Application fee is non-refundable.
2. Pay full tuition fees at registration. The tuition is paid according to the Regulations on Tuition Fees Payments for Foreign Students of YBU.
三、学习管理 Academic Administration
1. Students will be divided into different classes according to results of placement tests. Foreign students should complete all the assignments and exam content according to teaching plan during study at YBU.
2. Application for changing classes can only be accepted in the first week of semester at the approvals of both the class teacher and the relevant college together.
3. Class teachers can approve the excused absences of illness or personal reasons for less than 3 days. Absences due to illness or personal reasons for more than 3 days (including 3 days) will only be considered as valid at the approval of the Foreign Students Office. Students applying for illness absence must obtain a doctor’s note to justify that illness was the cause of their absence. Absences that have not been approved by the Foreign Students Office, though caused by illness, will be recorded as truancy in their attendance record.
Each college should submit attendance reports of foreign students to the Foreign Students Office before the 5th of every month. Students with attendance rate of each course per month less than 1/3will be given a warning. Students with 2 warnings or with attendance rate of less than 1/3 for one semester will be expelled from school and their residence permit will be cancelled
1. Students can buy textbooks by themselves at the College of Chinese Language and Culture at the beginning of each semester. Tel: 0433-2436698
2. The textbooks are refundable due to a class change in two weeks without any writing or damage.
第一条、考核以一个学期为单位。每学期的考核分为出勤考查、平时成绩、期中考试和期末考试。考核满分为100 分，其中出勤考查占 20% ，平时成绩占 20% ，期中成绩占 20% ，期末成绩占 40% 。
1. Grade of one course consists of 4 parts including attendance, performance at class, mid-term and final examination. Hundred-mark systemis adopted for evaluation with 20% for attendance, 20% for performance at class, 20% for mid-term examination and 40% for final examination.
2. Student performance at class is based on attitude, completion of assignments and so on.
3.Final examination and graduation ceremony will be held in the 17th week of each semester.
4.Students who have been absent for a third or more of the total number of a course’s classes or have the records of 3 truancies are not eligible to sit for the final exam for the particular course. 3 times of excused absences, late arrival or early leave will be regarded as 1 time of truancy. The grade for the particular course will be zero.
六、结业 Completion of Program
1. Students fulfilling the program’s academic requirements and pass all the exams will receive certificate of completion at the end of semester. Certificate of Completion is for Elementary Level, Upper- Elementary Level, Intermediate level and Advanced level, respectively.
2. College of Chinese Language and Culture should submit the lists of students who are qualified for graduation and transcripts to Foreign Students Office. Foreign Students Office issues Certificate of Completion to qualified students and awards it at the graduation ceremony.
3. Student who failed in the final exam or didn’t participate in the final exam due to person reasons may apply for the Certificate of Study.
七、选修课及学生活动 Elective Courses and Students Activities
2. Foreign Students Office organizes various activities every semester for foreign students. Please pay attention to the notices announced at the website.
八、汉语水平考试（HSK）Chinese Proficiency Test(HSK)
1. The examination center of YBU is responsible for the organization and application of HSK.
Address: the north of YBU western gate, 1st floor of Further Education College.
2. Participate in the exam with passport. Please apply for visa or residence permit extension in advance if needed before exam.
1. Outstanding Foreign Students Award and Full Attendance Award will be given once a semester to the students meeting the following requirements: (1) Abide by the rules and regulations of YBU; (2) With great academic performance or without record of absences due to illness, personal reasons and truancy; (3) Obtain good grades for all the courses.
2. Students obtained Certificate of HSK 9(old version) or above or New HSK 6 with total score of 180 will be awarded 500rmb.
3. Students who have disobeyed the university’s rules or regulations will be punished depending on the severity of their offenses in accordance with the administration regulations for foreign students of YBU. Serious violation will lead to be expelled from school. Students committing a crime/an illegal act, the Chinese Public Security Administration will take charge in handling the case according to the Chinese Law.
Department of International Exchange and Cooperation of Yanbian University