Administration Regulations for Foreign Students (Degree Program) of YBU
Foreign student’s administration is based on the Credit Regulations of Undergraduate Program of YBU and the Academic Administration Regulations of Graduate Program of YBU. Considering the special situations of foreign students, the following supplementary regulations are added.
1. Admitted students have to register on the designated period of registration at Foreign Students Office and pay relevant fees.
2. After registration, students should register again at their own colleges with Admission Notices. The office of
will hand out course schedule and help students buy textbooks. Each college should establish students’ study files.
第二章 学习年限Duration of Study
3. The Undergraduate Students are given a time limit of 4-5 years to complete their studies (depending on the student’s field of specialization/major); 3-5 years for Graduate Students; 3-5 years for Doctorate Students. Based on different situations, foreign students can graduate one year in advance or extend 2 years to graduate.
4. Students have finished academic requirements in advance can apply to graduate in advance on condition that total duration of study should not less than 3 years for undergraduate students and 2years for graduate students. Students applying for graduate in advance should pay the tuition fees in full in accordance with the study duration limits.
第三章 修学与学分Study and Credits
5. Basically, foreign students should fulfill the same academic requirements with Chinese students. Undergraduate students、postgraduate students and doctorate students are arranged into classes studying with Chinese students together. Foreign student administrators of each college in charge of distributing course schedule, helping students buy textbooks and subscribing textbooks of next terms.
6. Undergraduate students should obey the regulations on the plan of undergraduate teaching program of YBU, complete designated courses and obtain credits as required. Foreign students exempt from General Education Courses and Practical Courses such as military training and internship except students of Medicine College. Instead, all foreign students have to study two public basic courses: Introduction to China and Chinese Language. Students majoring in the fields of culture, history and philosophy should obtain certificate of HSK 6 and HSK 5for other majors before graduation.
Students who obtained required credits and corresponding HSK certificates can defend their graduation thesis. Certificate of Graduation and Certificate of Degree will be awarded to the students who have completed dissertation and successfully defended thesis.
第七条硕士、博士研究生应按本专业培养方案及教学计划，在导师指导下进行选课，同时需修读《中国概况》、《汉语》两门学位公共课程。其中，《中国概况》课替代《马克思主义经典著作选读》和《科学社会主义的理论与实践》；《汉语》（HSK）课替代第一外国语，文、史、哲专业的学生必须获得HSK 6级证书，其他专业必须获得HSK 5级证书。培养环节和毕业学分要求与中国学生相同。
7. Postgraduate students and doctorate students should register courses according to the plan of graduate teaching program on the advice of their mentors. They should select the course of Introduction to China instead of An Anthology of Marxist Classics and Scientific Socialism Theory and Practice, and Chinese Language instead of the course of foreign language. Students majoring in the fields of culture, history and philosophy should obtain certificate of HSK6 and HSK5 for other majors before graduation. Foreign students have to obtain the same credits to graduate successfully.
8. With the approval of mentors, postgraduate and doctorate students who have completed required courses and obtained credits can apply for thesis defense. On special occasions, with the approval of Academic Council, students may apply for defending thesis in other languages instead of Chinese.
第四章 考勤、考试、成绩Attendance Check, Examination and Grade
1. Abide by all the regulations for foreign students of YBU. No truancy, no late or early leave for class.
2. Submit application for the excused absence for personal reasons to the Foreign Students Office.
3. Non-submitted or non-approved excused absence is regarded as truancy.
第十条考试、补考、重修Exam, Make-up exam,
1. Students should take exam and apply for make-up exam and retake course according to the Chapter 4 of Credit Regulations of YBU (the fees of retake courses should be submitted to the Foreign Students Office).
2. Students who have been absent for a third or more of the total number of a course’s classes are not eligible to sit for the final exam for the particular course. The grade for the particular course is zero. Furthermore, the particular course must be retaken for next year. 3 times of excused absences including late arrival or early leave will be regarded as 1 time of truancy.
3. Abide by the examination rules. Cheating on exam is not allowed. The violator will receive zero for the particular course and get one chance of make-up exam. Students cheating again on the make-up exam are not eligible to sit in the exam of that course and will receive zero for the particular course. Students cheating on exam will not receive certificate of degree. Serious violator will be expelled from school.
Grades are given in the form of hundred-mark system. The passing grade is 60.
Major Change, Leave of Absence,
12. Students who desire to change major should submit application form of major change for foreign students in 30 days after the start of the first semester in the freshman year. The relevant college/department and Foreign Students Office will decide if the application should be approved.
13. Students may be approved for a Leave of Absence for up to 3 years. A formal application and permissions of relevant college and Foreign Students Office are required. Government Scholarship Students should also receive the permissions of their country’s embassy in China and China Scholarship Council. Students have to confirm their courses taken and grades obtained before leave.
14. Students should submit the application of Schooling Resumption 2 months before the start of fall semester. Application will only be approved with the permissions of both relevant colleges and Foreign Students Office.
or leaving school without permission will be regarded as dropping out of school automatically.
15. Students will be expelled from school for one of the following situations:
1. Apply for the withdraw in person;
2. Non-approved Schooling Resumption Application;
3. Leave school without permission;
4. Students with mental disease, epilepsy and other diseases affecting study life;
5. Students with infectious disease which is not appropriate to stay in China;
6. Be absent for 50 credit hours or be absent from school for a month without permission;
7. Disobey the rules and regulations of school;
8. Serious anti-China words and deeds during stay in China;
9. Disobey Chinese Laws and be charged with any crime including detention.
第六章 结业、毕业、学位Graduation, Completion of Program and Degree
16. Students who fail to fulfill all the academic requirements of teaching plan by the end of study period will only receive the Certificate of Completion.
17. Students who have successfully fulfilled all the academic requirements and passed all the exams are qualified to graduate and receive Certificate of Graduation.
18. Students who are qualified to graduate according to the degree regulations for foreign students of YBU will be awarded Degree of Bachelor/Master/Doctor and Certificate of Degree.
第七章 附则Supplementary Provisions
19. This regulation applies to all categories of foreign students admitted to degree programs at YBU.
20. The Foreign Students Office reserves the right of the final interpretation of above rules and regulations.
Department of International Exchange and Cooperation, Yanbian University